Trick or Treaters are welcome in city, with appropriate COVID-19 precautions
October 27, 2020
The City of Pittsburgh is urging resident to follow safety protocols during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic for upcoming trick-or-treating this Halloween.
The official City of Pittsburgh trick-or-treating hours will be 5-7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 31, but following guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention many behaviors will have to change this year.
Residents are urged to:
• Trick-or-treat only with family members
• Wear cloth facemasks as well as Halloween masks
• Carry hand sanitizer
• Distribute candy by leaving it outside, and not have in-person and face-to-face interactions at the door
• Follow social distancing on sidewalks, and when approaching homes where others are getting candy
• Not attend indoor costume parties
Like any other year, motorists are asked to be especially vigilant on Halloween night, decrease speeds and increase awareness of trick-or-treating children and families.