It's a part of galatic proportions at Science Center's Doctor Trek Wars
August 28, 2018
Carnegie Science Center will celebrate three of the most popular science-fiction fandoms with Doctor Trek Wars, with two separate events – one for families and one for adults-only.
On Saturday, Sept. 15 come to the Science Center from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. for a family-friendly event that will transform Pittsburgh's most-visited museum into a hub of activities inspired by Doctor Who, Star Trek, and Star Wars. After the family-friendly day, the Science Center will present a party of galactic proportions with 21+ Night Doctor Trek Wars from 7–11 p.m., which includes a free Stateside Vodka sample, light saber performances, and time travel presentations. The Rangos Giant Cinema will offer one movie from each franchise – once each in the daytime and once each in the evening.
During both the daytime and evening events, Whovians, Trekkers, and Star Wars fans can suit up as their favorite character from each universe and vote for their fandom. Plus, visitors can enjoy Doctor Who, Star Trek, and Star Wars activities and live science demonstrations. The evening event will be adult-focused.
• Explore Stars Over the Federation in the Science Center's Buhl Planetarium laser show
• Destroy the Death Star as you fly through the galaxy on the zipline in Highmark SportsWorks® or get beamed up by Scotty on the You-Yo
• Rove with the TARDIS from Doctor Who
• See the family-friendly, action-packed mini-series LEGO® Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles in the Science Stage
• Snap a selfie with fan favorites from the Ghost Base – Rebel Legion, Star Fleet, and Steel Town Who cosplay groups
Plus, the battle of the fandoms continues on Pittsburgh's largest screen. For an extra fee, see blockbuster favorites in The Rangos Giant Cinema. The lineup includes: Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D; Doctor Who and the Daleks; and, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn- 4K Director's Cut.
For 21+ Night Doctor Trek Wars, proper identification is required, and all guests must show ID at the door. Tickets cost $12 in advance online and $17 at the door.
21+ Nights are sponsored by TribLIVE, Green Mountain Energy, Miller Lite, Full Pint, Dos Equis, and Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC.
For more information and to register, visit CarnegieScienceCenter.org or call 412-237-3400.