Goodwill expands financial education services in S.S.
August 15, 2017
Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania recently launched financial education services in their Workforce Development Center in Lawrenceville and in the Goodwill building in South Side.
Since 2015, Goodwill has been operating financial education services at their Northside Common Ministries facility on Brighton Road.
These financial education sites are a resource to families in need of financial coaching to help them achieve financial stability. Free services at the sites include:
· Assistance with accessing income supports, including help to access food stamps, CHIP, Social Security Disability, utility assistance, and free tax preparation services.
· Financial education and coaching, including financial counselors work with individuals on budgeting and improving credit.
· Free financial workshops are available in the Lawrenceville location. Visit http://www.goodwillswpa.org/calendar-of-events for details.
The service model focuses on improving the financial bottom line for low to moderate income families and helping change financial behavior in a way that encourages a long-term commitment to increasing income, decreasing expenses, building credit, and acquiring assets. The ultimate goal is to provide the tools to help families save and invest in their future.
Addresses and hours for the financial education sites are:
· Lawrenceville: Goodwill Workforce Development Center, 118 52nd Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201. Free parking; on bus line. Walk-ins welcome Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1-4 p.m.
· Northside: Northside Common Ministries, 1601 Brighton Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. Services by appointment only.
For more information, visit http://www.goodwillswpa.org/financial-education, or contact Karen Wagner at 412-323-1163, or firstname.lastname@example.org.