Hispanic chamber scholarship
April 3, 2012
The Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation is offering students who are Hispanic/Latino or of Hispanic/Latino descent scholarships for the 2012-2013 scholastic year.
To be eligible to apply to the program, the student must:
• Be attending or accepted in an accredited post-high school educational institution (defined as Title IV eligible, accredited, postsecondary two- or four-year colleges or universities, vocational, or technical schools in the United States).
• Be a resident of Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Westmoreland or Washington counties.
• Demonstrate unmet financial need of at least $1,000 after the financial aid award package has been determined.
• Have at least one parent of Hispanic ancestry (at least one of applicant's grandparents must be Hispanic).
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
• Enroll as a full-time student.
In addition, students must write an essay describing "How you will be a catalyst for a positive change in your community," in 250 words or less. Application deadline is May 30.
For more information, email: email@example.com.