Carrick man arrested for series of robberies
The Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Violent Crime Unit has arrested a serial robber that has struck multiple businesses across the city since late August.
Fredrick Pryor, 30, of Carrick was taken into custody Thursday, Oct. 13 within an hour of committing a robbery on Arlington Avenue. Pryor would commonly wear a floppy brimmed hat while committing his robberies.
Pryor's arrest culminated a 7-week long investigation into a dozen armed business robberies in the City of Pittsburgh, as well as several robberies outside of the city. At this point, he will be charged for the following robberies:
• August 31, Princess Beauty and Fashion, 5152 Penn Avenue
• September 8, Wine and Spirits, 826 Hazelwood Avenue
• September 9, Hospital Corner Minimart, 4201 Penn Avenue
• September 13, Radio Shack/Spring, 2060 Wharton Street
• September 13, Uni-Mart, 1601 Lowrie Street
• September 20, Family Dollar, 2020 Spring Garden Avenue
• September 23, Choung's Market, 2208 Arlington Avenue
• September 24, Seven Eleven, 601 Penn Avenue
• October 7, Uni-Mart, 1921 Brownsville Road
• October 13, Be Nice African Braiding, 639 Hillsboro Street
• October 13, Ann's Market, 2316 Webster Avenue
• October 13, Choung's Market, 2208 Arlington Avenue