Champions in Action program will provide support to non-profits
Citizens Bank, WPXI-TV, Trib Total Media and Pittsburgh Cares have announced the categories for the 2014 Champions in Action program, which provides financial, volunteer and public relations support to local nonprofits. Youth Programming and Strengthening Communities through Family Support are the two focus areas for 2014.
Nonprofit organizations focused on youth programming are invited to apply for the Champions award to be announced in January. Applications can be completed online at http://www.citizensbank.com/community/champions and must be submitted by Friday, Sept. 20, at 5 p.m.
The Champions in Action program is part of Citizens Helping Citizens Strengthen Communities, the bank’s program designed to enhance quality of life and economic vitality in local communities. Launched in 2002, Champions in Action is a joint initiative of Citizens Bank and WPXI-TV, Trib Total Media and Pittsburgh Cares to recognize and support nonprofit organizations for their contributions to western Pennsylvania communities.
To date, the program has given 32 nonprofits more than $850,000 in grants and promotional support in western Pennsylvania.
The selected Champion in Action will receive:
• An unrestricted $35,000 grant from the Citizens Charitable Foundation;
• Coverage from WPXI- TV and Trib Total Media, including public service announcements and TV profiles;
• Volunteer support from Citizens Bank and Pittsburgh Cares;
• Public relations support;
• Promotional support, including advertising in Citizens Bank branches, on Citizens Bank ATMs, and on the Citizens Bank and WPXI websites;
The opportunity for the organization’s executive director to participate in a “president-to-president” mentorship with Daniel K. Fitzpatrick, President and CEO of Citizens Bank and RBS Citizens for Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
To be eligible for consideration, an organization must:
• Be a greater Pittsburgh-based nonprofit organization that serves the Pittsburgh area and addresses the designated social concern;
• Provide verification of tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code; and
• Have a total operating budget of $5 million or less.
For more information about the Champions in Action program, visit http://www.citizensbank.com/community.