Kindergarten... Here I come! at Children's Museum
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh will host its ninth annual Kindergarten... Here I come! event on Saturday, Aug. 10 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. supported by the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School, Agora Cyber Charter School and Hi5! Children entering kindergarten and their families are invited to take part in activities that prepare and excite them for this significant milestone.
• Celebrate the transition from preschool to kindergarten with local educators and community neighbors.
• Receive valuable information on children’s health, afterschool childcare and child development.
• Meet Mr. McFeely.
• Meet Ready Freddy school readiness mascot.
• Receive a free book, t-shirt and more for kindergartners (while supplies last).
• Board the Birdwell Island ferry at and journey to the world of Clifford™, America’s beloved big red dog with a heart to match! Meet his best friend Emily Elizabeth™ and the residents of Birdwell Island in the Museum’s “Adventures with Clifford the Big Red Dog” exhibition
This event is free for all children entering kindergarten and one parent or caregiver. Registration is not required.
Kindergarten…Here I come! 2013 partners include: Allegheny Intermediate Unit, Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Libraries of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Science Center, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Dodd, Judy - Giant Eagle / University of Pittsburgh, Easter Seals Western and Central Pennsylvania, Fred Roger’s Center, Fred Roger’s Company, Head Start Program, HearMe, Hi5 - Allegheny County Leadership Transition Team, Just Harvest, Mattress Factory, Office of Child Development - University of Pittsburgh, PAEYC, Pittsburgh Public Schools, PNC Grow Up Great, Reading is Fundamental, Saturday Light Brigade, Sprout Fund, UnitedHealthCare, Community Plan, WQED, Youth Alive.
For further information, visit https://pittsburghkids.org/education/khic.