Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald submitted five items of legislation to County Council for consideration at its first January meeting:
• Amendment of the Administrative Code to establish an assessment appeal deadline for the 2013 tax year of April 1, 2013.
• Extension of the term of existence for the Allegheny County Higher Education Building Authority by 50 years.
• Approval of a project for the benefit of Duquesne University to be financed by the Allegheny County Higher Education Building Authority for renovations to Duquesne Towers, St. Ann’s Hall, Libermann Hall and other capital expenditures.
• Approval of a project for the benefit of Carnegie Mellon University to be financed by the Allegheny County Higher Education Building Authority for construction, furnishing and equipping of a Nano/Bio/Energy Technologies Building and related improvements.
• Amendment of the Grants and Special Accounts Budget to include grants for the Courts (Megan’s Law Registration Equipment Update and PPI Educational Workshop) and Human Services (Continuity of Care & Services) and a special account (Sheriff Special Revenue).