Downtown streets closed First Night
The City of Pittsburgh is planning to close a number of streets in Downtown to accommodate crowds during First Night activities.
All requested Street Closings listed will begin at 10 a.m ., Monday, Dec. 31 and reopen at 1 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013 unless stated otherwise. All street closures will be handled by First Night event staff and/or off-duty officer:
• Stanwix St from Liberty to Penn Ave – 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. only.
• Stanwix St from Gateway Garage Entrance to Penn Ave – 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. only.
• Penn Avenue from Stanwix Street up until, but not including, Tenth Street.
• Fifth Avenue/CLO Way from entrance of the Highmark Garage to Fort Duquesne Blvd.
• Sixth Street from Liberty Avenue to Fort Duquesne will remain open with the exception of from 8:15-8:45 to allow parade to return to the staging area.
• The parking garage on Penn at 6th St. will remain open until 3 p.m. Police will staff the barricade on Penn Avenue from 10 a.m. – midnight to allow garage lease holders to enter and exit through the closed section of Penn Avenue.
• Seventh St.t from Liberty Ave. to the entrance of Theater Square Parking Garage.
• Seventh St. and Ft Duquesne Blvd. – garage access only.
• Eighth St. from Liberty Avenue (Tito Way) to parking lot entrances near Penn Avenue.
• Eighth St. and Ft. Duquesne Blvd. – garage access only.
• Ninth Street from Liberty Avenue to entrance of 9th St. Parking Garage near Penn Avenue.
• Ninth St. and Ft Duquesne Blvd. – garage access only.
• All alleys leading into the foot print.
• Maddock Place located next to 709 Penn Ave ., which runs parallel to Seventh St. and Eighth St. needs to remain open for access to parking lots from Fort Duquesne Blvd. (Parking lot located behind Tambellini’s Restaurant on Seventh St. and parking lot located off of Eighth St.)
The Seventh Street Bridge will be closed from 10 a.m. on December 31, 2012 until 1 a.m. on January 1, 2013 for fireworks setup and firing.
There will be rolling closures from 8–10 p.m. for the parade as needed. The parade will start at 8 p.m. beginning at Tenth St. and Ft. Duquesne Blvd ., making a right onto Penn Ave ., a right on Sixth St ., a right on Ft. Duquesne Blvd. and making a right back onto Tenth St. to disperse.