Parent and community workshops in January
There will be a series of free parent and community workshops at Pittsburgh Carrick High School.All workshops are offered from 5 – 7 p.m. at Pittsburgh Carrick High School. RSVP by mailing to Amberleigh Miller at 125 Parkfield Street Pittsburgh, PA 15210, calling 412-885-7710, or emailing email@example.com. When reserving a spot include name(s) of attendee(s), the title of the workshop(s) and a telephone contact number.
Monday, Jan. 17, 2012
• Ring Making –Learn to make a ring (silver provided but not the diamonds). Limited to 23 seats.
• Adolescent Psychology - What can explain the behavior of teenagers? Why do they act the way they do? Dark forces that uniquely affect the teen (Aristotle)? The most tumultuous of life's several identity crises (Erickson)? Limited to 20 seats.
• Make a Pot – The ceramics department is inviting everyone to learn to throw some pots. Not at each other. Learn how to use a potter's wheel and create a masterpiece. Limited to 12 seats.
Monday, Feb. 13, 2012
• Creative Writing – Just in time for Valentine's Day. Try expressing some of that creative energy in a new way. Limited to 25 seats
• Learn Spanish – Habla Espanol? No worries. Learn common phrases in Spanish and show off language skills to friends. This is also a great way to help a child as they venture into learning new languages. Limited to 20 seats.
Monday, March 12, 2012
• Fun with Physics - Come to Physics fund day at Carrick to explore the science behind sound/light and the deep magic behind how we hear and see. Also explore motion and forces using sonic motion detectors, precision photo gates and force sensors. Limited to 20 seats.
• Learn Spanish – Habla Espanol? No worries. Learn common phrases in Spanish and show off language skills to friends. This is also a great way to help a child as they venture into learning new languages. Limited to 20 seats
Monday, April 16, 2012
• Steel Drums – Come try a hand at playing the steel drums and be transported to the islands by creating authentic Caribbean sounds. Learn a short tune or two that will have you thinking of palm trees and pink umbrellas in coconut drinks. Limited to 15 seats.