Holiday Book Fair at History Center
The Senator John Heinz History Center will help kick off the holiday season with its 10th Annual Holiday Book Fair on Sat ., Dec. 3, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Visitors will have the chance to purchase signed copies of books and mingle with more than 60 of their favorite local authors.
Notable authors attending include:
• Dave Crawley, KDKA-TV personality
• Rob Rogers, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette cartoonist
• Art Rooney, Jr ., author of Ruanaidh
• Dr. Peter Keim, noted flag expert and co-curator of the History Center's Stars & Stripes: An American Story exhibition
• Andy Russell, former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker (1963-76)
• Jim O'Brien, noted Pittsburgh sports historian and author
• Gwyn Cready, award-winning romance novelist
• John Brewer, African American historian
• Brian O'Neill, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette columnist
Featured subjects include: sports, Pittsburgh and regional history, personal improvement, children's stories, military, cooking, fiction and non-fiction, Civil War history, African American history, glass, poems, travel, and oral history.
In addition to the Book Fair, visitors can enjoy the History Center's six floors of exhibition space, including its newest exhibit, Stars & Stripes: An American Story, which details the stories of the people behind the more than 200 year history of our nation's flag.
The award-winning History Center Museum Shop will be open for holiday shopping and offers chic gifts, retro toys, and unique jewelry that complement more than 250 years of Western Pa. culture on display at the History Center.
The Holiday Book Fair is free and open to the public; regular admission prices apply for History Center exhibits.
The Senator John Heinz History Center is at 1212 Smallman Street in the Strip District. The Holiday Book Fair will take place on the fifth floor.