November 1, 2011 |

Time to check furnaces

The Mt. Oliver Fire Department would like to remind everyone to have their furnaces and hot water units looked before the really cold weather sets in.

Preventative maintenance on these units may save your life. Faulty units can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. Allegheny County fire departments have already responded to several carbon monoxide incidents.

Carbon@monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas and cannot be seen. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are very similar to the flu. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include; headache, nausea, vomiting and dizziness.

If you would like additional information on fire prevention,@please visit our website at www.mtoliverfire department.com or call us at 412-431-5210.

Andy Marsh

Mt. Oliver Fire Department

Reader Comments

(0)