Community meeting to discuss what Armstrong Park could be
There will be a community meeting on Monday, Sept. 27 at 6 p.m ., at the South Side Market House, 1200 Bingham St ., at Bedford Square, to discuss Armstrong Park and Esser Plaza as it is now, and what it can be in the future.
This will be the first community meeting that will seek to guide designs and plans for future capital improvements to the site. The meeting will include discussion of:
• Overall project purpose
• General neighborhood demographics
• Armstrong Park, Esser Plaza and E. Carson St. alley existing conditions
• Initial opportunities and challenges
• Vision (playground versus park versus commons)
• Park amenity brain storming session about what could be in the park and what should not be in the park.
All South Side area residents are welcome to attend.