Pennsylvania Resources Council (PRC) will host a series of workshops teaching how to harvest rainwater from roofs, store it and use it in the landscape.
Harvesting rainwater is not only a free source of water, but also contributes to improved water quality in local rivers and streams and reduces contributions to combined sewer overflow, flooding and polluted urban/suburban runoff.
PRC's Watershed Awareness/Rain Barrel Workshop raises awareness of watershed issues in addition to demonstrating how to assemble and install a retrofitted 55-gallon drum/rain barrel, and offers other rainwater harvesting options. Participates will receive the necessary hardware (not the barrel) to assemble and install a rain barrel for rainwater harvesting and on-site usage.
Cost is $35 per person or $45 for a couple.
Workshops will take place:
• March 10, 6:30-8 p.m. at the CCI Center, South Side
• April 9, 6:30-8 p.m. at the Greentree Municipal Building
• April 15, 6:30-8 p.m. at the East End Food Coop
• April 22, 6:30-8 p.m. at the Richland Township Municipal Building
• April 29, 6:30-8 p.m. in Heidelberg at Three Hierarchs School
• May 6, 7-8:30 p.m. at the Upper St. Clair Library
• May 15, 10-11:30 a.m. at the Schrader Environmental Center in Wheeling, WV
• May 19, 6-8 p.m. at the Regional Environmental in Upper St. Clair
• May 27, 7-8:30 p.m. at the Phillips Garden Center in Shadyside
• June 2, 7-8:30 p.m. at the Lauri Ann West Memorial Library in O'Hara Township
• June 13, 2-3:30 p.m. at Hahn Nursery in Ross Township
For information or to register, contact Nancy at 412-431-4449 x247 or email@example.com.