PennDOT traffic cameras now online
Motorists are now able to view PennDOT traffic monitoring cameras from mobile devices in an effort to improve communication with the traveling public and help motorists avoid congestion.
The cameras show real time traffic conditions on most major roadways around the Pittsburgh region. PennDOT District 11 has more than 100 traffic cameras available to the traveling public.
The camera images will update automatically on average every three seconds on mobile devices to give motorists actual video images of various roadways in Allegheny County. Motorists can use this information to plan their trips and avoid congested areas.
To access the cameras from cell phones and mobile devices:
• go to http://www.dot.state.pa.us
• click the left center of the screen under "Travel Information"
• click "Traffic Cameras"
• click the "11" on the map
• click "Traffic Camera List for PDA/Mobile Users"
• copy the browser link or shortcut
• paste the link or shortcut into an email
• send the email to mobile device
• open the link and bookmark for future use.