South Pittsburgh Reporter - Serving South Pittsburgh Since 1939

John Phillips remembered with Historical Marker

 

November 3, 2009

Unveiling the Pennsylvania Historical Marker noting the location of John M. Phillips' house on Brownsville Road in Carrick were members of the Boy Scout Troop originally known as Silver Tip Troop 1 (founded by Mr. Phillips) and a representative from the PA Game Commission. A conservationist, the local industrialist was instrumental in establishing the State Park systems. The marker was placed at 236 Brownsville Road in front of St. Pius X Catholic Church

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017

Rendered 06/05/2017 04:04