Free information sessions at Magee for options on weight loss surgery
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC will hold a series of free public information sessions concerning bariatric surgery over the next few months. These sessions are geared toward people who have more than 80 to 100 pounds to lose and for whom diet and exercise have been ineffective.
The sessions at Magee-Womens Hospital will be held in the Zero Level Auditorium, 300 Halket St., Oakland. Upcoming dates and times at this location are:
• Tuesday, Jan. 13, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 30, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Feb. 4, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Friday, Feb. 13, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Tuesday, Feb. 17, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Thursday, Feb. 26, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Friday, March 6, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Tuesday, March 17, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Tuesday, March 24, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Tuesday, March 31, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
In addition, sessions will be held at the Cranberry Municipal Building, 2525 Rochester Rd., Cranberry. All sessions at this location will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Upcoming dates are Thursday, Jan. 22, Wednesday, Feb. 4 and Tuesday, March 24.
Topics to be covered include factors that make a person a likely surgical candidate, the variety of surgical options available, associated risks and benefits of surgery, and the serious commitment needed to achieve significant weight loss. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the multidisciplinary team, including surgeons, who care for weight loss surgery patients. Each presentation also includes a question-and-answer session.
For more information about the Minimally Invasive Bariatric and General Surgery Program or to register for the free information sessions, call 412-641-3632.