The superintendent's Year Four Performance Goals are designed to support the district's Excellence for All efforts and align with the board's five major goals for the district:
• Maximum academic achievement for all students.
• Safe and orderly environment for all students and employees;
• Efficient and Effective support operations for all students families, teachers and administrators;
• Efficient and equitable distribution of resources to address the needs of all students, to the maximum extent feasible;
• Improved public confidence and strong parent/community engagement.
Developed collaboratively by the board, the superintendent's Year Four Performance Goals are as follows:
• Communications: To improve public confidence in the Pittsburgh Public Schools, increase media communications with the public, including radio and television; create a process for sharing 4Sight testing results to parents; and greatly expand communications around The Pittsburgh Promise.
• Long Range Planning: Work towards a plan to extend the performance based system; analyze the causes of enrollment decline and create targeted plans to address losses; complete the plan for Career and Technical Education, including locations and partnerships; create a robust African-American History class for upper level high school students; develop an improvement plan for the District's magnet schools and recommend a new process for magnet admissions; develop an improvement plan for the Accelerated Learning Academies (ALA), where needed; and work with The Promise staff and board and The Pittsburgh Foundation to raise additional funds for The Pittsburgh Promise.
• Ongoing Initiatives: Show continued progress on the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA); strengthen, support and evaluate instructional leaders; continue implementation of the district's core curriculum; increase use of formative assessment data; provide professional development, resources, support, and assessments to employees
• Budget Constraint: Review all district activities and propose budget changes where feasible and/or necessary.