Make sure your caterer has their ACHD permit


Planning to use a caterer for a graduation party, wedding or other special occasion this summer?

Play it safe and make sure your caterer has a permit issued by the Allegheny County Health Department.

Even though catering without a permit is prohibited in the Allegheny County, some unlicensed caterers exist despite Health Department efforts to shut them down and pose a health risk because they aren't inspected for food safety.

Unlicensed caterers operate under the radar and often escape inspection by the Health Department, until something goes wrong and leads to a food poisoning outbreak.

Health officials suggest checking with the Health Department, 412-687-ACHD, to see if a caterer has a health permit and to report any that are unlicensed.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017

Rendered 03/20/2018 17:39